HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/21/11

Daddy's Truck

Devotional for 1/22/11

Often while out running our errands around town, my 2-year old, Wesley, will find in his view a blue Chevy truck and become excited thinking (but not sure) that he's seeing his Daddy's truck. He will exclaim "Daddy's truck," and then turn to me (someone who is more experienced at determining such things) and ask, "Mama! Daddy's truck?" At this point, I will respond, "No, Wes, that's not Daddy's truck, it just looks like it."



One afternoon, while sitting in a parking lot down town, my son, from the back seat, very excitedly, yelled out, "Daddy's truck!" This time, he did not ask for my clarification. Instead, he clapped uncontrollably, laughed loudly, and continued to shout "Daddy's truck!" I'm sure he would have been jumping up and down if he were not buckled in his car seat. I quickly turned to catch a glimpse of my husband driving by. The blue truck had a toolbox in the back and pipes sticking out over the tailgate. From the angle, I could clearly see the driver proving without a doubt that it was his Daddy's truck, and my son wanted the whole world to know.

Those moments are amazing when we know without a shadow of a doubt that we are truly in the presence of our heavenly Father. They will bring such joy, it is no surprise to witness uncontrollable clapping, shouting, even leaping and laughing since we want the whole world to know that it's our Father passing before me.

O clap your hands, all peoples; Shout to God with the voice of joy.
Psalm 47:1

Amie Spruiell August 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment