HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/9/11

TRUST

"Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. Psalm 62:8

We can trust God to listen to our inmost heart, the things that we may not be able to tell anyone else. We can pour out our hurts, our shame, our sins of all forms and trust that he will not reject us. Rather, he will protect us, as he is our refuge

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

Often times we forget that all our trust should rest on God. We tend to trust ourselves first, our abilities, our money, our knowledge, etc. Where does that get us when those things falter or fail? We know that God never fails - that he will always be there for us helping us and loving us, working things for our good.

"... I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever." Psalm 52:8b

It is much easier to trust in God when things are going well. It is when the going gets rough that we are sometimes distracted from that trust. Sometimes we may be in so much fear about the future that we forget to turn to God. But he has promised to be there for us, even if our very life be threatened.
"When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise - in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?" Psalm 56:3-4

God has a greater plan. He will defend us and give us salvation. He has a wonderful heavenly home awaiting us - what greater gift can there be?

"Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation." Isaiah 12:2

May our trust in God not only be of comfort to ourselves but also to others who witness our faith in God.

Written by Jan Andersen, with a trusting heart

No comments:

Post a Comment