HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/12/11

Walking With The Lord Is Where I Want To Be

I am an outdoors kind of person, so naturally I try to spend time there. Daily I walk about two miles in our neighborhood. I choose to walk consistently,so my body can stay strong and my heart can be strengthened. There are some days I wake up in the morning and I would just as soon stay in bed rather than get up and walk. Then there are days that I can't wait to get up and get outside to enjoy the fresh air and the sunshine. I choose to discipline myself and go walk regardless if I feel like it or not, because I know it is good for me and my body will benifit greatly from walking.

The same things applies in many ways as with my walk with the Lord. I love the Lord dearly, but to be honest, there are times I don't always feel like strengthening my spiritual muscles and allowing God to strengthen my heart. Instead of reading God's word or spending time with Him, sometimes I would rather be sleeping or watching a favorite TV program or reading a good book. But I know that in order to maintain a strong, healthy relationship with God, I must choose to walk closely with Him and spend quality time with Him in His word and at His feet.

Physical walking pays off and has many great dividends, but I would have to say walking with the Lord and in His ways, the dividends are far greater! He is worth it all!

Colossians 1:10 "That you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy."

Rich Blessings,

Written by Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment