HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/17/11

SEEKING GOD'S GUIDANCE

O.K. I'll admit it... I have a private food stash in my bedroom. Our waterbed frame has drawers conveniently built in underneath the mattress. So for quite some time I have used one of those drawers to store such treasures as mini diet coke cans, chocolate chips, and 100 calorie pack cookies. These treats are not really that decadent, but I want them for myself...exclusively. If these items were left in the kitchen cupboard I would be sorely disappointed when a craving hit. I justify the existence of this hidden cashe by also stocking it with nuts, crackers, and other healthy snacks. These I ration out into the kitchen for all family members to share. "It's for their own good, really" I tell myself. Long story short, my concealed goodie drawer is a delight...comparable to having my own private hotel mini-bar without having the exorbitant tab at the end of the week.


Well, the personal storage bin has worked out famously except for the seldom but occasional invasion of ants. This usually only happens in extremely cold weather or when I carelessly leave a snack bag unsecured or drop some crumbs onto the floor of the drawer. Such a devastating mishap occurred this morning. A slew, herd, mass, or whatever you wish to call it, of tiny black creatures swarmed the drawer and sent me into a tizzy. "Oh no!" I thought. There's nothing I dread more than cleaning up such a mess. Why me?" I whined. Then two thoughts quickly came to mind. First of all, " And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them." Roman's 8:28 (NLT) I realized at this point that I could somehow incorporate this minor misfortune into my weekly website writing. I now had some new material to work with on my entry. The situation suddenly had some redeeming value, as the scripture says. The second idea which occurred to me was that these poor little creatures thought they had hit pay dirt (and for a short season they had) until the massacre ensued. As soon as they were discovered, the party was over and they had to be obliterated. So it is with we humans. We may encounter an opportunity which on the surface appears promising, either spiritually, socially, or even financially. However, if we fail to seek the Lord's permission and guidance in the matter, our participation may prove in the end to be unprofitable , even detrimental.

The ant is touted in the Bible as wise. Indeed this creature is prudent in regard to its work ethic. Proverbs 6:6-8 (NLT) states "Take a lesson from the ants, you lazybones. Learn from their ways and be wise! Even though they have no prince, governor, or ruler to make them work, they labor hard all summer, gathering food for the winter." However, the ant doesn't have the privilege of asking for direction from the Heavenly Father in prayer. We are so fortunate to be able to bring our thoughts, ideas, and plans to God to discern His will and His ways in these issues. James 1:5 declares "If you need wisdom - if you want to know what God wants you to do - ask Him and he will gladly tell you. He will not resent your asking."(NLT) There are numerous scriptures concerning the Lord's guidance in our lives. Just a few of them are as follows: "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel and watch over you." Psalm 32:8


(NIV) "His God instructs him and teaches him the right way." Isaiah 28:26 (NIV) The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and He delighteth in his way." Psalm 37:23 (NIV) "And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy they soul in drought, and make fat thy bones:and thou shat be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not." Isaiah 58:11 (NIV) How pleased the Lord is when we seek Him initially in regard to our endeavors. How much more successful, safe and pleasant will be our outcomes as we first bring our pursuits to Him in prayer.


Written by C.F.

No comments:

Post a Comment