HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6/29/11

A Battle Worth Fighting: Doubt

Devotional for 6/30/11

Every once in a while I ask myself and I am asked when will this stop being so hard. The ‘this’ is trusting God in good times and bad, on bright days and when our world is dark. When I was a young mom, there was a teacher in our church who was very proper, self-controlled, and disciplined. Truth be told, many of us young women were a little afraid of her. One day, pretending to be casually confident, I asked this woman who had walked with and served God as a pastor’s wife and teacher for 40 years if ‘this’ got easier.

She looked at me and into me thoughtfully as I held my breath. It doesn’t get easier, she explained, the way we want it to, it gets easier because we have so much more practice and experience of seeing God move in our lives and in the lives of those around us. When she starts to think something ‘wrong’ such as doubt, fear, lust, or envy, for example, within minutes she’s rebuking the thought in her mind, putting it in its proper place (the trash) and repeating to herself what God’s word tells her is true.

I was not so bold as to claim I did that, too! The truth was that I often spent most of a week envying someone’s new car or outfit before I realized that I was waist deep in obsessing and sinning. I was a grateful girl because God was so kind to bring things to my attention privately. Truth be told, He is still bringing all sorts of things to my attention on a daily basis.

If you have ever felt the mental and emotional weight of feeling overwhelmed spiritually then you understand how hard it can be to even lift our heads up high enough to look to the only One who can truly help us. But He has provided for even that.

GOD’S WORD:
Many are saying of me, there is no help for him in God. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. With my voice I cry to the Lord, and He hears and answers me out of His holy hill. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!
Psalm 3:2-4 (AMP)

ME:
I know but I can’t do it. I don’t have the strength. There’s not enough time. There’s not enough money. I’m not sure how. I’m concerned that…. I’m afraid of….

GOD’S WORD:
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer
 and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests
be made known to God.”
Philippians 4:6

ME:
I haven’t been very good, I’m not sure God will hear me. I have done wrong, He might not help me.

GOD’S WORD:
"This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn't go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again. Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted; anyone who refuses to trust him has long since been under the death sentence without knowing it. And why? Because of that person's failure to believe in the one-of-a-kind Son of God when introduced to him.
John 3:16-18(MSG)

ME:
I wish I could have the faith to trust Him like I should.

GOD’S WORD:
The LORD is trustworthy in all he promises and faithful in all he does. The LORD upholds all who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down.
Psalm 145:13b-14 (NIV)

ME:
I believe, Lord, help me to truly trust You!

GOD’S WORD:
And He will establish you to the end [keep you steadfast, give you strength, and guarantee your vindication; He will be your warrant against all accusation or indictment so that you will be] guiltless and irreproachable in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah).

God is faithful (reliable, trustworthy, and therefore ever true to His promise, and He can be depended on); by Him you were called into companionship and participation with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
 1 Corinthians 1:8-9 (AMP)

A glimpse of real life by Mary M. Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment