HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6/2/11

Why Me?

Do you ever feel like you have too much to bear? Does everyone depend on you to take care of things- and you wonder when will someone ever take care of you? Have you ever thought that no one would miss you, only what you do, if you were gone? Do you ever feel like if just one more thing goes wrong - you won’t be able to bear it? We live in such a busy and complex world. Sometimes all the things before us ARE real priorities and we cannot “Just say no” to relieve the pressure. Have you ever asked, “What are You thinking? Or “Why me, God?”

I have a friend who very patiently listens to me when I am feeling overwhelmed and am convinced that a detailed review of all that is unfair or unbearable in my life will make me feel better. She then uhumms, ooohs and aaahs with much compassion, and I feel better. A few minutes later, presumably unrelated to all we’ve been discussing she says, “Ya know when bad things happen, and we’re tempted to say ‘why me?’ well, I say, ‘Why not me?’ Why shouldn’t I be the one who grieves over a loved one, loses a job, faces a crisis, or deals with a challenge?”

“Why not me?”

In John 16:33, Jesus is speaking to His disciples when He says,
“I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me.
Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows.
 But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” (NLT)

1 Peter 1:5-7a
“And through your faith, God is protecting you by his power until you receive this salvation,
which is ready to be revealed on the last day for all to see.
 So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead,
even though you have to endure many trials for a little while.
These trials will show that your faith is genuine.”(NLT)

James 1:2-4
“Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds,
because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.
Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete,
not lacking anything. (NIV)



1 Peter 5:6-7
“So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God,
and at the right time he will lift you up in honor.
Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.”

Okay, God, I see You will not be plucking me out of my stressful situations anytime soon. Thank You for Your encouragement to take heart (have hope) and for reassuring me of Your protection. Thank You for the reminder that You know times are tough and that You do care. I desire to believe and trust You completely in all things. Please forgive me of any doubts and wash me clean from the inside out. In Jesus name, amen.

Written by Mary M. Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment