HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8/3/11

I Just Need a Break

Devotional for Thursday, August 4, 2011


Reprint from Thursday, September 22, 2010


Honestly, I am looking for some peace and quiet, lack of conflict, minimal challenges, reduced demands, understanding and relief. Relief from fatigue, from a sense of just getting by, that no matter what I do, it’s not enough; with every completed day, there is a mountain of items just waiting in the wings. Does anyone understand how I feel?

If I had just poured that sentence out to me, with a gentle voice, over a lovingly brewed cup of tea, I would, quoting Jesus, say, “Peace, be still.” You’re mind is full and anxious about many things. God has not forgotten about you. He loves you with an unending love. Seek first His purposes and plans and righteousness. His grace is sufficient for you. God will see you through everything in your life. He is willing to be your strength. You can depend on Him.

Commit everything you do to the Lord.
Trust him, and he will help you.
He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn,
and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun.
Be still in the presence of the Lord,
and wait patiently for him to act.
Don’t worry about evil people who prosper
or fret about their wicked schemes.
Stop being angry!
Turn from your rage!
Do not lose your temper—
it only leads to harm.
For the wicked will be destroyed,
but those who trust in the Lord will possess the land.
Psalm 37:5-9 (NLT)

Dear Lord, I thank You that Your mercy is new every morning. I humble myself and ask You to please forgive me for trying to do everything in my own strength, in my own way, with my own wisdom. I give up. Please forgive me for being angry so often! Search my heart and cleanse me of every sin, both known and hidden. Help me to trust You and rely on You every moment of every day. Please give me a thirst for more of You. Thank You for the purifying power of Your Word. In Jesus name, Amen.

Prayed by Mary M. Wilkins: May 14, 2007
(and many times before and since).

No comments:

Post a Comment