HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8/23/11

Turn Your Eyes

Devotional for Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Repost from Occtober, 2011

There is a beautiful song we used to sing which goes as follows:


Turn your eyes upon Jesus;
Look full in His wonderful face;
And the things on earth, will grow strangely dim;
In the light of His glory and grace.


I have found in my life as I walk through trials and turbulent times, that when I focus on my problem, I am in big trouble.Discouragement and hopelessness can set in very quickly. The more I focus on the situation the deeper I sink into a pit of despair.


The good news is that when I fix my eyes on Jesus and rejoice in Him, hope begins to well up. I have a whole different focus when I trust in Him and in His promises. I am strengthened in Him and confident the the Lord will see me through the situation. He will take care of me and give me a way out. He is so much bigger than any mountain in my life. I can rejoice in Him and cling to Him with victory on the horizon!


I choose to "turn my eyes upon Jesus" for He is the author and finisher of my faith.


Blessings,


Written by Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment