HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10/18/11

The Accomplishment Of God's Word

Devotional for Wednesday, 10/19/11



I woke up in the middle of the night last night with a very heavy, burdened heart. It is during these times that God truly shows Himself faithful. And the Lord knew exactly what I was carrying and exactly how I felt. The most wonderful thing happened at that moment. I felt the Lord impressing upon me and reminding me all the times I had prayed and spoken His Word regarding my burdens and sorrows. He reminded me that His spoken word does not return void. As soon as those words came to mind, my heart became light. I began experiencing great peace and I knew God was taking my burdens and carrying them for me. The heaviness was lifted and I was able to immediately go back to sleep.

 

You see God's word tells us in Isaiah 55:11
"So shall my word be that goes forth from My mouth;
 It shall not return to Me void,
 But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it."

God's word is never barren or fruitless. The power of His spoken word will always accomplish what He says it will. He always fulfills His promises.
I am forever grateful for the Almighty God I serve who has given us His all powerful word!

Blessings,
Sandy Billingham




No comments:

Post a Comment