HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10/27/11

Woke Up Late

Rushing around this morning I was late getting out the door. Halfway through the day I stopped to ask myself and the Lord why I was so out of sorts. Immediately the thought came to me, “You didn’t take time with Me.”

I can’t even say I sit down with a hot cup and my bible. But I usually keep up a conversation with the Lord as I brush my teeth and prepare for the day. I pray over my loved ones and my work. I bring up any issue that is unsettled and ask Him for wisdom. For the last few weeks I have been busy and distracted. As I look back I can recognize the Holy Spirit’s nudging. As I sat down to check email and read the news I had the thought I should step away and talk to the Lord first. But I did not follow His leading and now I was reaping the effect.

Do you know someone who must eat every so often or they can’t function? Well, I was feeling like that spiritually. I had gone so long without drinking from His fountain that I wasn’t just thirsty and parched but also dizzy and confused. The good news about this is I didn’t have to stay that way.

Psalm 37:5-9 The Message (MSG)

5-6 Open up before GOD, keep nothing back;
he'll do whatever needs to be done:
He'll validate your life in the clear light of day
and stamp you with approval at high noon.

7 Quiet down before GOD,
be prayerful before him.
Don't bother with those who climb the ladder,
who elbow their way to the top.

8-9 Bridle your anger, trash your wrath,
cool your pipes—it only makes things worse.
Before long the crooks will be bankrupt;
GOD-investors will soon own the store.


Thank You, Lord, for graciously and gently leading me back to You. I realize that no matter what my good intentions are, I cannot do the important things on my own. I choose to believe that I can trust You to take care of everything in Your time and Your way. In Jesus name, amen.




Written by Mary M. Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment