HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10/6/11

God’s Direction in Circumstances

“How do I know if I am doing what I am supposed to be doing?” “If I only knew for sure what God’s will is, I would do it!””What is my purpose in life?”



I have spent many years asking myself these and other similar questions. Maybe you’ve wondered, too.


These are questions that can’t be answered quickly or easily. We must seek wise Godly counsel and take time to pray and wait for wisdom from God. But there is also an amazing amount of direction, God’s direction, to be found by determining what the “right” thing to do is in my circumstance.

The first thing to do is assess the situation. Certain scenarios come hand in hand with certain responsibilities and duties.


Am I married? God’s will is that I am faithful and choose to love and care about my husband.


Am I single? God’s will is that I keep my body pure by avoiding sleeping with a boyfriend.


Am I an employee? God’s will is that I am honest and reliable.


Am I an employer? God’s will is that I am fair and just with my clients and employees.


Am I unemployed? God’s will is that I face this head on; searching for work as if the search is my full-time job.


Am I a stay at home wife? God’s will is for me to be a good steward (take care of) of my home.

Am I a stay at home mom? God’s will is for me to be a diligent caretaker and nurturer of my children.



No matter how different our situations may be, as sisters in Christ, we share a similar list of obligations: truthfulness, not revealing confidences, kindness, following through on a project, doing what we say, keeping our promises, etc.


 A new commandment I give to you,
that you love one another, even as I have loved you,
that you also love one another.
John 13:34 (NASB)

We urge you, brethren, admonish the unruly/undisciplined,
encourage the fainthearted, help the weak,
be patient with everyone.
See that no one repays another with evil for evil,
but always seek after that which is good for one another and for all people.
I Thessalonians 5:14-15 (NASB)

Thank You, Lord, for direction in my life. I won’t pretend this is easy. But I am grateful You are with me. I know I can do all things through You who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13). In Jesus name, amen.


Written by Mary M. Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment