HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/25/11

Devotional for Saturday...11/26/11

A Little More Money

What makes a day perfect for you? Not waking up already tired? Having a clean house? Bills all paid and current? How about a day where you have nothing to do for anyone else? Perhaps, you wish there was someone who would make you feel good about you? Or a cheerful friend who wants to spend some time with you doing something relaxing and fun? It might even depend on the day as to what would make it perfect!

Perfect days are pretty elusive to most of us. Some of the more optimistic among us find a perfect day in just one item in spite of what the rest of the day holds. The nature lovers are satisfied with a stunning sunset or some beautiful glimpse into creation. The relationally oriented are content when a good connection has been made with another person on a meaningful level. The helpers are fulfilled when something has been accomplished to alleviate a difficulty or trouble in another’s life.

Is there really a way to have a perfect day? The reality of this world is that no matter what wish is granted or what desire is fulfilled it will not satisfy the deepest need of our souls. The millions of people in our country who suffer with depression in spite of having spouses, children, friends, health, jobs, money, clothes, cars, houses...are proof that these things do not bring happiness. Yet the detail of my day to day life tempts me to think a little more money would make everything perfect.

Then there are those people who, in spite of horrific circumstances, live in peace and have true happiness. What do they have? They have contentment. Where can we get it? We get it from choosing to trust God in everything.

Hebrews 13:4-6 (AMP)

Let marriage be held in honor (esteemed worthy, precious, of great price, and especially dear) in all things. And thus let the marriage bed be undefiled (kept undishonored); for God will judge and punish the unchaste [all guilty of sexual vice] and adulterous. Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!] So we take comfort and are encouraged and confidently and boldly say, The Lord is my Helper; I will not be seized with alarm [I will not fear or dread or be terrified]. What can man do to me?

Dear Lord,
It seems beyond my reach to make sure my character
is free from the love of money. Please be my strength for I am weak.
 Please search my heart and help me to recognize
when I am not being content. I desire to have a heart
that focuses on the good things for I know
that every good thing in my life is from You (see James 1:17).
In Jesus name, amen.

Written by
Mary M. Wilkins





No comments:

Post a Comment