HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/6/11

WHAT DOES IT MATTER?

Sunday 11/06/11

We celebrated All Saints Day today in church. It is an occasion to remember those believers who have passed away. Some will be remembered by many for a very long time, perhaps because they touched so many lives while they were here on earth, or maybe even because they became famous for something they did. Others may only be remembered for a very short time by only a few people. They may not have many other relatives or friends still living that had much interaction with them. Does that matter?

Sometimes I feel so insignificant. I wonder, why am I here? Why do I keep trudging through this life? What is my purpose? I feel like just a tiny speck of dust in the whole universe of life. What would it matter if I were no longer on earth? My importance is minimal in the overall scheme of this world.

Then I am gently reminded by God, I am here because He sent me to be here, in this place, at this time. It does not matter if my name in not known around the world or if I make no mark in history that will be remembered by many people years after I am gone. That is not what is important. The important thing in life is God and what HE matters to the world. My life simply exists to bring him glory and to bring others to him.

There is a song called "Do Everything" sung by Steven Curtis Chapman that talks about our day and that it matters, no matter how unimportant it may seem. Maintaining faith and giving glory to God is what matters most! Here is a video and the lyrics of his song:

You’re picking up toys on the living room floor for the 15th time today
Matching up socks and sweeping up lost Cheerios that got away
You put a baby on your hip and color on your lips and head out the door
And while I may not know you I bet I know you Wonder sometimes does it matter at all
Well let me remind you it all matters just as long as you
Do everything you do to the glory of the One who made you
Cause He made you to do
Every little thing that you do to bring a smile to His face
And tell the story of grace
With every move that you make
And every little thing you do
Maybe you’re that guy with the suit and tie, Maybe your shirt says your name
You may be hooking up mergers, cooking up burgers, But at the end of the day
Little stuff big stuff in between stuff, God sees it all the same
And while I may not know you I bet I know you Wonder sometimes does it matter at all
We’ll let me remind you it all matters just as long as you do
Everything you do to the glory of the One who made you
Cause He made you
To do every little thing that you do to bring a smile to His face
And tell the story of grace with every move that you make
And every little thing that you do
Well maybe you’re sitting in math class, Maybe on a mission in the Congo
Maybe you’re working at the office, Singing along with the radio
Maybe you’re dining at a five star, Or feeding orphans in Myanmar
Anywhere and everywhere you are, Whatever you do it all matters
So do what you do and don’t ever forget to do
Everything you do to the glory of the One who made you
Cause He made you to do
Every little thing that you do to bring a smile to His face
And tell the story of grace as you do
Everything you do to the glory of the One who made you
Cause He made you to do
Every little thing that you do to bring a smile to His face
And tell the story of grace with every move that you make
And every little thing that you do
.

Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. Ephesians 5:1-2 NIV


written by Jan Andersen, keeping the faith and passing it on

2 comments:

  1. Wow Jan

    I have heard this song on K-Love many times and thought it was a great song. This is the first tiem I have given it my full attention. Thank you for a heightened vision of how we can make everything count for the kingdom. Great devotional!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Corinne - sometimes I listen to songs and don't really "listen" to the words either - this one fit in as did our Sunday service with exactly what I had been thinking about writing for my devotional. :)

    ReplyDelete