HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5/2/12

Thursday Devotional...5/3/12

The Constantly Connected Club



In our technologically savvy culture not everyone has jumped on the bandwagon, even some electronic geeks held out, not wanting to be entangled in yet another way. So, I was a little surprised when I was home for a visit and heard that my dad had a cell phone. I got the number entered into my contacts and a few days later breathed a sigh of relief when I arrived somewhere ahead of him and needed to reach him. A few button presses later and I could hear the number ringing. Hmmm, no answer, and no voicemail was set up.

Later on I ask my dad if he was out of cell phone signal range earlier in the day. He wouldn’t know, he explains, because he didn’t have his cell phone turned on. Then, with fake patience painted over my frustration, I ask the obvious question: Why do you have a phone if you are not going to have it on so we can reach you? His answer was as truthful as they come and sincerely spoken: He has a phone so that when he needs something he can reach us!

Four years have passed, and my dad, with a latest and greatest Smart phone, Googles and sends texts with the best of them. I believe it was my youngest brother serving overseas that helped convince my Dad of the benefit of joining the ‘constantly connected club’.

Our own dads, whether present or absent, attentive or distracted, connected or unavailable, can color the way we view our heavenly father.

But God is not a man that he should lie
 or not keep His Word to us (see Numbers 23:19).

When God says He will do something for us, or be there with us, He will. Even if we doubt God, it only makes us uneasy and miserable, it doesn’t change who He is.

When challenges and temptations pop up in front of us each day, God has already made a way, an escape hatch, for us to choose right over wrong

(see I Corinthians 10:13).

When we read His Word, repeat His truths in our minds, and do what is good and right we will grow in wisdom and understanding. But we must be completely connected to Him for that to happen (see John 15).

Before the first young rider delivered the first letter for The Pony Express, or Thomas Edison invented the telegraph, God created us to be a part of His ‘constantly connected club.”

Jeremiah 29: 12-13 (NLT)
“In those days when you pray, I will listen.
 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.”


Matthew 6:33 (NLT)
Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously,
and he will give you everything you need.


II Chronicles 7:15 (AMP)
Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive
to prayer offered in this place.

Revelation 3:20 (NLT)
Look! I stand at the door and knock.
 If you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.


Dear God, thank You for always hearing my heart’s cry, even when I don’t have the words to speak. I thank You for patiently drawing my attention back to You over and over each day. I have learned from Your Word that peace and wholeness only comes when I am completely trusting, resting, and depending upon You. I desire to grow in faith so that I will look to the hills (heaven) from where my help (You) comes. In Jesus name, amen.
Written by Mary M. Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment