HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5/10/12

Friday Devotional...5/11/12

Whatsoever Things That Were Written Aforetime

 I remember when I first got in church, the Pastor held a New Converts Class for a group of us that had just gotten saved. The first scripture that he wanted us to memorize was Romans 15:4 as he said “If we’d memorize this scripture it would carry us a long way.” I’ve never forgotten this scripture...(this word from the Lord), and it HAS carried me a long way!




Romans 15:4
For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.






The three words spoken of are (Patience, Comfort and Hope)

Patience (One of God’s Characteristics)

James 1:2-4
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Comfort (He is our Comforter)

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Hope (Without hope, we are lost)

 1st Peter 3:15
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts; and be ready always to give
an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope
that is in you with meekness and fear.

What I am trying to express here, is that whatsoever things that were written aforetime were written for our learning. We can to this day still depend on the scripture as the true word of God for us. We can glean from the living word God’s Patience, Comfort and Hope. Where would we be without these truths. I think it was wisdom on that Pastor’s part to first hand teach (us new borns) this important scripture of Romans 15:4 … for it has kept me, sanctified me and made me dig to see what was written aforetime of Jesus and the prophets of old for my learning.

Written by: Glenna Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment