HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5/23/12

Thursday Devotonal...TURNING POINT...5/24/12

Turning Points

Five young men and women walk down the center aisle pacing themselves like bridesmaids in a processional. Graduation caps sit on heads held high with tassels swinging, and a wide smile is spread on each face. They are practically glowing with excitement. Marching up onto the platform the seniors turn as one to face an audience of family, friends, pastors, teachers and coaches.

The intimacy of this graduation allows time for each graduate to share about their plans and hopes. As I listen I can’t help but smile and imagine what it would be like to be finishing one phase of life with a wide circle of options ahead of me. In these five lives there are no spouses, no houses, no car payments, no debts nor any other obligations to direct their choices. For a minute I envy them the clear paths that lie before them and the potential of their futures.

Then a still small voice reminds me that each day is a fresh start. Every morning I can choose to love the troubled, be patient with the emotional, forgive the impulsive, care for the forsaken, and restore the fallen. I can tend to what God has given me to do, and leave everything else and everyone else in His hands. From this moment forward I can choose to let go of bitterness, pain and sorrow by looking for and focusing my thoughts on the lovely moments God provides in each day.

Turning points are available everywhere in every day.

I Peter 4:8b-11 (NIV)

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.

Dear Lord, please forgive me for ever whining about my life or crying that something is not fair. I purpose to choose You first at all times. Please help me to let go of pride and to lean on You, bring to my mind that with You on my side, I need not fear failure or the future. In Jesus name, amen.

Written by Mary M.Wilkins














No comments:

Post a Comment