HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6/7/12

Friday Devotional...Friends...6/8/12

Friends


I believe everyone in life at different times goes through and experiences troubled spots in their life. You may get the blues, can’t understand what’s going on in your life, maybe feeling like your back is against the wall and you don’t know what to do or have no way out.

Carrying life’s burdens is a hardship and that’s why it is so important to have friends or maybe a special friend… someone that you can trust and open your heart to without worrying about what they may think, knowing that there will be no condemnation if you reveal your inner most feelings of whatever may be troubling you. A friend that will listen closely before expressing sympathy. They speak softly, they encourage you and in the end you feel much better just because they were there for you.

I recently had one of those experiences >>> I just didn’t want to talk to anyone. I felt so helpless and hopeless that I couldn’t reach out, I just didn’t have it in me. After a sleepless night, much prayer with tears and fears of distress, I decided to sit in the silence of my own depression when my phone rang… and there it was, “That Friend”. I tried pulling myself together making small talk because I didn’t want to unravel what I was going through, when he said to me “Are you okay? I’ve felt you so strong on my heart that last night I cried myself to sleep worrying about you”. And for me that’s all it took as I began to cry and spill my guts out to “My Friend”.

You know that’s what Jesus is to us….not only is he our Savior, but he is our friend. In John 15:15 Jesus said “Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth; but I have called your friends.“ God knows just what we need, he declares, he directs, he listens and carries our burdens….he is a Friend.


I thought of a couple of songs that are fitting for such a time as this:


“What A Friend We Have In Jesus”

Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful,
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness
Take it to the Lord in prayer



Dionne Warwick had a song called
“That’s What Friends Are For”

Keep smilin’, keep shinin'
Knowin’ you can always count on me, for sure
That’s what friends are for
For good times and bad times
I’ll be on your side forever more
That’s what friends are for




And, how about…
“You’ve Gotta Friend” by James Taylor

When you’re down and troubled
And you need a helping hand
And nothing, oh nothing is going right.
Just close your eyes and think of me
And soon I will be there
To brighten up even your darkest nights
You just call out my name
And you know where ever I am
I’ll come running, oh yeah baby
To see you again.
Winter, spring, summer or fall,
All you have to do is call
And I’ll be there, yeah yeah, yeah.
You’ve got a friend.


Jesus is a Friend
as no other,
He sticketh closer
than a brother.


By: Glenna Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment