HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10/6/12

Saturday Devotional....Beauty and Danger...

                              .....dangerous things can coexist...so "keep a cool head"


As I drove down a 2 lane highway I was awed by the beauty of God's creation. A silk ribbon of water wound it's way along side the road. Bright butterflies flitted amongst bright flowers that sprung from nooks and crannies of the lush foilage. It was so beautiful that it was hard to believe that danger lurked. I was in an area known as alligator alley. Sometimes travelers see a few gators while others have seen hundreds.

I thought how sometimes the circumstances of my life give the appearance of everything being safe and beautiful. But I am reminded by this incredible part of creation that safety is an illusion.

I Peter 5:8-11 (MSG)

Keep a cool head.
Stay alert. The Devil is poised to pounce, and would like nothing better
than to catch you napping. Keep your guard up. You’re not the only ones
plunged into these hard times. It’s the same with Christians all over the world.
So keep a firm grip on the faith. The suffering won’t last forever. It won’t be long
before this generous God who has great plans for us in Christ—eternal
and glorious plans they are!—will have you put together and on your feet for good.
 He gets the last word; yes, he does.

Dear Lord, please help me to keep my focus on things that are important to You. Help me to continue to stay in Your Word and in prayer so that I will be ready to resist the enemy when he attacks. In Jesus name, amen.

Written by Mary M. Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment