HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10/18/12

Thursday Devotional...Balancing Life...

                       ...because all work and no play could make Jack a dull boy!
                                              but the opposite can result in a less productive life

 
I had another ‘aha’ moment today. I called home, no answer. Not a problem in our digitally connected society, I dial a cell phone. “Hello?” a deep voice answers that is so much like a man’s but not quite. My son tells me that he is at his favorite coffee shop with friends.

In my head I wanted to tell him to go home and do something important; like homework or laundry. Instead I say, “OK, see you later.”Hanging out with friends is really okay with me. I like to hang out with friends.

Then there is a vivid memory of myself at his age, and I want to tell him, don’t waste time! Don’t make the same mistakes I did. Learn from my experiences and spare yourself some of the hassle and heartache.

Proverbs 6:6-11
(MSG)


You lazy fool, look at an ant.
Watch it closely; let it teach you a thing or two.
Nobody has to tell it what to do.
All summer it stores up food;
at harvest it stockpiles provisions.
So how long are you going to laze around doing nothing?
How long before you get out of bed?
A nap here, a nap there, a day off here, a day off there,
sit back, take it easy—do you know what comes next?
Just this: You can look forward to a dirt-poor life,
poverty your permanent houseguest!

 
But then the Word also says this:


Psalm 127:2-3
(NLT)


It is useless for you to work so hard
from early morning until late at night,
anxiously working for food to eat;
for God gives rest to his loved ones.
Children are a gift from the LORD;
they are a reward from him.


Dear Lord, thank You for your loving care of my children. Please help me to set a balanced example between diligent work and trusting rest. In Jesus name, amen.

Written by Mary M. Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment