HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/25/13

Devotional 1/25/13

The Will of My Father…Building Your House Upon a Rock
 
Yesterday morning even before I got out of bed, I started praying….praying specifically for people I had on my heart. It was early in the morning as I had to get ready to go to work, but as I was addressing all that goes with getting out the door in the morning, I felt the presence of the Lord very strongly to the point that I felt engulfed with the spirit of God. I had something on my mind that I had been dealing with all week, and it was heavy on my soul. And so it was that even when I got to work, this heaviness of mind was still there upon me…but also the prompting of the Holy Ghost to look up a certain scripture. The scripture is in Matthew 7:21-24 which says:
 
Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven;
but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name?
and in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you; depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them,
I will liken him unto a wise man,
which built his house upon a rock.

 
I have known of these scriptures for many years, hearing it preached across the pulpit, but sometimes the scripture has to come to you, and so these words burned in my heart. These particular verses were persuasive and hot off the coals to my eyes and heart yesterday. I really thought on each verse and what stuck out to me the most was verse 21 that says: 
 
“Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven;
but he that doeth the will of my Father which is heaven.”
 
What heavy deepness of thought this brought to my thinking as “I don’t want to stand before the Lord someday saying to Him….”Lord, didn’t I speak in your name, didn’t I do many works in thy name?” I had to search my own heart and ask, what is Gods will?
 
I thought of the scripture that states in 2nd Timothy 3:5 “Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof; from such turn away.” Another verse found in the Bible says “Be not conformed to this world, neither the things in it”. But what was burning on my heart the most is “What is not of God is sin.” With all of this may we say “Search my heart oh God and know my ways and help me to build my house upon you Jesus, you are the rock”. 
 
 
                       Matthew7:24-27 

 
24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”
 
Written by: Glenna Williamson

1 comment:

  1. This writing and the scriptures is very deep and important. We often relax because we know tht we are saved...we do good things...we love the Lord. One more thing is needed. We should constantly examine ourselves to find it there is anytghinng ungodly that we are holding onto and repent of it as soon as we become aware of it.

    God bless. Glenna

    ReplyDelete