HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10/2/14

God’s Plan...Friday

10 03 14

There have been so many times in my life that I have struggled with MY PLAN for my life.  It sure isn't the fairy tale that I had planned on!  My most recent struggle has been the most difficult. I believe that is because I am at a place in which I am spending the majority of my time with myself.  Therefore, it is a constant reminder that I am not where I had planned to be.  Instead of seeing all of the lessons learned, growth accomplished and strength that I have gained, as well as all the amazing blessings I have been given during my life, I have been only seeing what I thought was disappointment.  Not until I stopped, looked and listened to my heart did I realize the negativity of my ways.  I turned to the Lord and remembered one of my favorite bible verses.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord,
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
 plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11 
(NIV)

Yes!!  Now that I have my brain back on track thinking the way I should be, I can completely see how God has worked His plan for me.  There are things that I have wanted and truly expected to happen in my life thus far.  I realize now that the reason they have not happened or have not worked out is because, I, being the silly human that I am, have forced these things and have not waited upon God’s perfect timing and planning.  He knows when I am ready for each and every event that will be going on in my life.  He knows everything about me.  He alone had a plan for me even before I was born.

 For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
Psalm 139:13
 (NIV)

You have searched me, Lord,
    and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
    you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
    you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
    you, Lord, know it completely.
Psalm 139:1-4

(NIV)

It truly is so incredibly amazing how my beautiful God has me under His wing, in His arms, and been carrying me through my life on earth.  I am so very blessed to be living this very fun (yet sometimes challenging) life of mine.  But, you know the challenges are just really bumps along the road of this journey that I have been allowed to live.  There is so much growth and strength and happiness in my life that God has created for me.  It is my responsibility to remember I am only the co-pilot of this life.  God is the pilot and has it all worked out for me.  My most important task at hand is to remember He has a grand plan for me, and stop trying to take back the control from Him.  I will do this with great joy in my heart and happiness on my face!

 Take delight in the Lord,
    and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4
(NIV)

Written by 
Kelly Dobyns



1 comment:

  1. Life is a journey where you will mature and gain understanding throughout. There will be lessons all along the way that will show us how to deal with disappointment and to find joy.

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete