HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10/8/14

Reach Out All Year Long...Thursday

10/9/14

Summer has so many pleasant connotations. A day at the beach, camping, amusement parks and barbeques are fun activities that distinguish this season from all the others. What these enjoyable activities have in common is connecting with other people, even if the other people are my own family members!

The tentative smile of a new acquaintance and the beaming delight in the face of an old friend are agreeable to me. I think one explanation for this is that I am completely present. When I am connecting with others, I am not reviewing my mental to do list, nor wondering if I’ll be able to squeeze in one more chore when this is over. Instead, I am enjoying the day.

When summer wanes into fall, 
the routines of the calendar are before us. These patterns of living are essential to getting things done; so many more details would get missed without the attempt to not drop the ball. But I see another, not so healthy pattern, in the mix. As I get into the flow of taking care of business, I don’t want to stop in case I throw the whole schedule off track. In my busyness I might reach out with a phone call or email but God’s Word offers some clarity:



Rejoice with those who rejoice [sharing other’s joy] 
and weep with those who weep [sharing other’s grief].
Romans 12:15 (AMP)

Bear (endure, carry) one another’s burdens
and troublesome moral faults,
and in this way fulfill and observe perfectly
the law of Christ (the Messiah)
and compete what is lacking (in your obedience to it.)
Galatians 6:2 (AMP)

I might be able to rejoice or weep in a ten minute phone call. But I cannot help to bear a burden without taking time to truly connect. If I am going to make the effort to interact with others during every season then I need to make some changes to my program.

Dear Lord, please help me to put Your priorities in the day to day routine of my life. Please give me Your wisdom and understanding so that I may be a trustworthy and faithful friend.

Written by
Mary M. Wilkins


2 comments:

  1. Part of our job as Christians is to reach out to others and come alongside them in the issues of our lives. While they are blessed we are also blessed as well. We often receive much that enhances our lives and understanding when we spend time with others who are needing us.

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "..taking time to truly connect.." This is the challenge for us all. Thank you for the message I need today.

    ReplyDelete