HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/29/15

Living in Faith... Friday


Devotional for January 30, 2015

I don’t do New Years resolutions, however, this year, after struggling with the same issues within myself for the past couple of years, I decided that 2015 was my year to truly dig in and be honest with myself about some long standing issues, as well as the hormonal issues giving me the ups and downs of the most recent times. I chose “Faith” as my focus to really work on. Last year I had gotten a small tattoo that I would see daily to remind myself to continually have faith. Of course the tattoo is an excellent reminder, but, I still did not truly practice a constant life of faith. The old stubborn habits were still overpowering my thoughts. Knowing something and actually doing something are two completely different things. I love the scripture Colossians 2:7. The normal biblical translation that I read is the NIV, as quoted below:

Colossians 2:7 New International Version (NIV)

7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

However, I was paralleling it with some of the different translations, just for my own knowledge and comparison, and during that time I completely fell in love with the wording in “The Message”, as quoted below:

Colossians 2:7 The Message (MSG)

From the Shadows to the Substance
6-7 My counsel for you is simple and straightforward: Just go ahead with what you’ve been given. You received Christ Jesus, the Master; now live him. You’re deeply rooted in him. You’re well constructed upon him. You know your way around the faith. Now do what you’ve been taught. School’s out; quit studying the subject and start living it! And let your living spill over into thanksgiving.

I have read this over and over again in the past couple of days, because it just never fails to amaze me how great our God is!! How He knows it all. As I originally read this passage, a warmth came over me of complete calmness, yet, at the same time, such excitement due to the fact that those words were speaking directly to me. This was exactly what I had been doing…..reading, studying, writing…. all things “faith”, however, I was not living in it! When I actually began to LIVE by faith my days became so much better. I am able to see the good instead of the bad, the happy instead of the sad, and the joy instead of the hurt. I can see what I have been blessed with instead of seeing what I wish I had.

Living IN faith truly gives me an abundance of smiles, hugs and gratefulness. So much more than I ever thought I could or would have. Thank you, Father for giving me the heart to see and feel the tremendous beauty of my life here on earth. Amen!!

written by Kelly Dobyns

Song: What Faith Can Do - by Kutless


2 comments:

  1. Beautifully said! Thank you, Kelly.
    May you feel His Amazing Love throughout all of your days!

    ReplyDelete