HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/31/15

YOUR LOVE... Sunday


Devotional for 2/1/15

I was filthy, wearing rags and wounded.  I asked for help and they stripped me bare.  I was naked and felt ashamed.  All of me was exposed for you to see.  I tried to hide my most vulnerable parts with only my arms and shaking hands.

Lamentations 1:8 (ESV)  She sinned grievously; therefore she became filthy; all who honored her despise her, for they have seen her nakedness; she herself groans and turns her face away. 

Hebrews 4:13 (ESV) And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account. 

But you were ever so gentle, cradling me in your arms.  You cleansed me and healed my wounds.  Then you clothed me with your very own robe, as white as a bride's gown.  It was so soft and warm and comforting. 

Ezekiel 16:8 (ESV) ... I spread the corner of my garment over you and covered your nakedness; I made my vow to you and entered into a covenant with you, declares the Lord God, and you became mine. 

Isaiah 61:10 (NIV) I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. for he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

Now I feel clean, warm and dry.  My wounds no longer hurt and are healing so well that I can hardly see where they were.  I feel comfortable and safe and strong.  I am loved by you, whose love and righteousness reaches to the heavens!  

Psalm 71:19-21 (ESV) Your righteousness, O God, reaches the high heavens.  You who have done great things, O God, who is like you?  You who have made me see many troubles and calamities will revive me again; from the depths of the earth you will bring me up again.  You will increase my greatness and comfort me again.  

Psalm 36:5 (NIV)  Your love, Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.  Your righteousness is like the highest mountains, your justice like the great deep.
Psalm 36:5-6 (37 kb)

I thank you dear Lord and Savior for rescuing me from my depths of despair when I was separated from you by my sinfulness.  Though I continue to be an imperfect human, I can trust in you to forgive me, guide and protect me.  Help me to share your unfathomable love with others. Amen

written by Jan Andersen

Song: Your Love Oh Lord - (Psalm 36) - Third Day



No comments:

Post a Comment