HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/15/15

Love Completely... Friday


Devotional for January 16, 2015

It never seems to fail that when I am feeling very confident and ready to take on the world….someone or something challenges that. Perhaps not always an intentional thing someone is trying to do directly to me, but sometimes it is just a person I have to deal with that is a personality challenge for me. Today, that was the case. I was very much irritated by this personals actions and statements, which are very controlling and judgmental towards me.

Luke 6:37English Standard Version (ESV)

Judging Others
37 “Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

The great thing that I want to share about is the way I handled myself today. Yes, I was hurt, however, I was able to respond without emotion and just carry on. I prayed immediately, which of course was the best and most amazing thing to do. I love turning to Him. He is my main focus of every moment. It was not always that way, but, I have learned that if I want my heart to continue to be at peace, then I need to completely keep Him there. In turn, I then can completely love others. Yes, I can still be hurt, and chose to not be close to people that are not “safe”, but, at the same time God has taught me how to still love them and pray for them.

Colossians 3:12-17English Standard Version (ESV)

12 Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, 13 bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. 14 And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. 15 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. 17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Colossians 3:12 (30 kb)
I can’t change anyone or how they act or think, however, what I can change is my reaction to them, how I think and how I love them. I can also learn from each experience and make plans and set goals for myself to get me out of certain situations that keep me in a position to be intentionally hurt by people like that. Sometimes it takes time for those changes to happen, but, if we love completely during the process and pray continually, He will lead us to where we need to be, as well as we will feel His ever loving joy in our hearts throughout each step. Thank you, Father, for sharing your love with me personally and showing me how to share it with all others.

written by Kelly Dobyns

Song: Completely by Ana Laura:


1 comment:

  1. When a person can keep Jesus close in her thoughts then right choices will be made and correct decisions will happen. Jesus will lead us to good behavior and good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete