HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2/12/15

God and Goals... Friday

Devotional for 2/13/15

Proverbs 16:3 The Message (MSG)

Put God in charge of your work,
then what you’ve planned will take place.

Proverbs 16:3 (74 kb)I have never ever been good at setting goals, following through on things or completing projects for myself.  Now when it comes to things that my sons would have to complete that was something different.  I could and would do anything, absolutely anything to help them succeed.  I have always done very well at providing for them and making sure they had everything they needed, but it was more of a day by day process to get by.  Looking back it was a really fun time, even though challenging quite a bit of the time and I know I worried about everything, as that is what I do.  I would not change the time we shared for anything!!  

I have found myself over the past few years struggling with the “Empty Nest Syndrome”, and therefore made some bad choices that were a temporary fix for me to fill the void of being alone with myself; adjusting to having no one that needs a daily help from mom.  I kept getting myself deeper into a rut of depression and trying to escape reality by avoiding responsibilities with excuses such as, “It will make me even more depressed to deal with it”….and etc.  For quite a time I was doing the bare minimum to get by.  Merely existing, dragging myself out of bed, and dragging through the day trying to not cry; continually feeling sorry for myself and angry at God for me being stuck.

2 John 1:8 English Standard Version (ESV)

Watch yourselves, so that you may not lose what we have worked for,
but may win a full reward.

A funny and beautiful thing happened when I turned my thought process away from my negative self talk to talking to God about my life, along with giving away my worries, fear and tears to Him.  As simple as that….asking Him for help!  Every time I would get upset I would remember to let it go….to pray in Jesus’ name to take away the problem I was having.  Before I knew it I was seeing the sunshine, feeling the love and being grateful again.  I was able to confront the reality of what I had been avoiding, along with that, I was able to set goals to pay off some bills, make some plans to treat myself along the way as I reach some significant milestones.  He has taken such a heavy load off of my back.  I feel amazing and am loving life again.  Let me tell you Sisters, all we ever have to do is ask Him!!  Whatever our burden or challenge, He is always right here for us!!   He never ever turns His back to us, and never will.  Our main job is to remember to never turn away from Him!  Praise you Father, for you have made me joyous and free!  Amen

Proverbs 15:22 The Message (MSG)


Refuse good advice and watch your plans fail;
    take good counsel and watch them succeed.

written by Kelly Dobyns

Song: Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies) by Chris Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment