HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2/8/15

Somewhere Over the Rainbow......Monday


Rainbows are a fascinating piece of natural phenomenon. When sunlight hits water droplets in the atmosphere, the sunlight refracts and creates a beautiful arch of color. Heading out to run errands I see a huge array of colors spreading across miles of sky.

"Dear Lord, if Elaine goes out today, please let her see this rainbow and be reminded of Your promise."

I blink back my tears feeling numb and overly aware at the same time. I seem to notice everything, yet I am in a bubble and can't hear anything. I can't stop thinking of my friends. I blink again.

"Sir, a vehicle registered in your name has been involved in an accident." 

Every mutual friend I run into expresses their surprise and sympathy. They want to reach out; offer help and comfort. In their own sorrow they quickly admit they can only imagine how difficult this tragedy is for the family.

"I already miss you so very much little brother."

Turning a corner I see the rainbow is still there, brighter than ever. As I watch, it slowly fades little by little until it is no more.

Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. James 4:14 NIV

To become a parent is to experience a depth and intensity of sweetness and love that we may never have known before. In that moment it is possible for us to have a glimpse of understanding of the cost of God's greatest sacrifice:

For God loved the world so much, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 NLT

Towards the end of his time on earth Jesus told the disciples not to fear his going away because they would see him again:

Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. John 14:1-3 ESV

Dear Lord, please help us all to remember to embrace the gift of today and the promise of eternal life. Please help this family and all of us who are surrounding them with our love to remember that You loved this precious young man and that he is with You. In Jesus name, amen.

Written by Mary M. Wilkins


Jeremy Camp performs "There Will Be a Day"




2 comments: