HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2/19/15

Love One Another...Friday

February 20, 2015

 John 13:34-35 
 (ESV)

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: 
just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. 
 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, 
if you have love for one another.”

A seemingly simple command, “Love One Another”, I know my life feels more peaceful when I am feeling loved, which in turn makes me want to give it back.  The reality of life on earth is that we are not always in a position to feel love because the people we must sometimes share our days with are not always the loving type.  This has effected me greatly over the years, being hurt by someone and holding a grudge or holding back my love because, after all, why would I show you love when you don’t even give me a glimpse of kindness.

The true reality is to love one another as Christ has loved us.  He didn't hold back because someone was not on the best terms with Him, or because someone was going through their own personal crisis and didn't feel loving towards anyone.  All He did was show the love of his heart to all He came in contact with and prayed for everyone!  He loves me more than any human ever can and that is all that needs to be known.  There is no greater love.

I have been practicing intentional love, just as Christ as commanded, as I go throughout my day with everyone that I encounter.  I don’t have to go overboard with gushes of hugs and statements of love and how we are to love one other always.  A simple smile, a kind response, showing respect, listening to someone’s troubles; there are oh so many ways that we can simply love on one another.  Living a much more peaceful day to day life is the result of me loving all, as well as seeing the love given back to me.  I am so grateful for Christ’s commandment and commitment of love.  We truly have nothing if we don’t have love.  It is the greatest of great, along with that is a much warmer heart for us all.

1 Corinthians 13 
(ESV)
The Way of Love

13 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned,
 but have not love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.


13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; 
but the greatest of these is love.


Written by
Kelly Dobyns


1 comment:

  1. It is good to develop a habit of showing love to all regardless of how they are. I like how you said it does not have to be a gushing kind of love and can be shown by a kind word or taking the time to listen to someone who might need a willing ear. Thank you, Kelly.

    God bless

    ReplyDelete