HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/20/15

I Am Not Alone...Friday

November 20, 2015



I have been feeling so alone over the last few months…as well as hurt, afraid and sad.  I was reminded by my niece that I am not alone…..He walks in the room before me.  Other examples and reminders of this glorious fact have been placed in my path over the last couple of weeks.  One of them is this song by Kari Jobe. 



"I Am Not Alone"

When I walk through deep waters
I know that You will be with me
When I'm standing in the fire
I will not be overcome
Through the valley of the shadow
I will not fear

I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me

In the midst of deep sorrow
I see Your light is breaking through
The dark of night will not overtake me
I am pressing into You
Lord, You fight my every battle
And I will not fear

I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me

You amaze me
Redeem me
You call me as Your own

You're my strength
You're my defender
You're my refuge in the storm
Through these trials

You've always been faithful
You bring healing to my soul

I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me


Let me tell you that I have been blasting this baby in my car every day this week to and from work.

  Listening to the words of this song just gives me chills!!  I am so in love with it.  I have clung onto this song as I have gone through my dark spots and He has been my strength to do exactly what I need to do.  He never gives up on me, even though I want to almost every day.  He has been my defender as I go through this daily battle of working in an environment with people that are not quite on the same wave lengths as me, if you know what I mean?!  As long as I went along and let words be said that hurt me and act like I didn’t care….everything was completely fine.  But, as soon as I could not handle this, or did not want to be hurt anymore and tried to stick up for myself…suddenly, I am the problem.  

So, the Lord is my shepherd that has carried me through the long eleven years of this battle (they have not all been bad years, mostly the last three)…He has fought for me when I couldn’t. He has put the love in my heart to love these people.  I have on His armor and have walked through the blaze.  God willing…I will be coming out the other side in just a couple of weeks.  I am anxious about letting them know, but, I know I will be coming through this in a blaze of glory.  His glory, His love and I will be shining like never before.  The Lord loves us, and with Him we are never alone.  Never ever alone!!  He will be walking in the room before me when I go to have that conversation.

This song has also led me to the 23rd Psalm.  What a happy thing to read again and again!!  Thank you, Jesus, so incredibly much for never leaving my side….through those times I have been angry and turned my back because I thought I had a better plan.  Thank you, my sweet Lord, for loving me anyway.  In your glorious name, Amen!


Psalm 23
A psalm of David.

 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
    he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
 Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
 Surely your goodness and love
 will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell 
in the house of the Lord forever.

Psalm 23
 (NIV)

Written by
Kelly Dobyns

    

                                         

1 comment:

  1. We should always remember\,,,even in times when we feel lost...that we are never alone. What a blessing He has given us!

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete