HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/6/15

MOUNTAINS... Saturday

Devotional for 11/7/15

As I drive around, sometimes I come upon small mountain ranges in the middle of the Arizona desert.  They often are barren mounds, a combination of browns and shadows.   From a distance it always seems as if they are blocking my path.  The closer I get, the larger they appear.  The road often seems to disappear right into the side of the mountains. If I didn't know any better, I would think that the mountains were going to swallow me and my car whole as I continue!  But with each passing mile, the path continues to unfold in front of me.  I can easily drive through the passageways that are made for the roads, unhindered by the seemingly insurmountable ranges of peaks that I see over the miles.

Isaiah 45:2-3 NIV  "I will go before you and will level the mountains;  I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron.  I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name."

I have found life to be just like this.  Problems or crises arise, looming in front of me, seeming to block my path to move forward in life.  But if I continue to travel along the road with faith and confidence in God's guidance and protection, the path unfolds gradually as He leads me through even the toughest of situations.  It may take "miles and miles" before I actually see that I am making progress through to the other side.  But eventually it happens - I come through and am refreshed in God's grace.

Galatians 3:11 (NIV)  ...  "The righteous will live by faith."  
Galatians 3:11 (37 kb)

Thank you dear Lord for the mountains that teach me to rely on you more every day, and thank you for the road upon which you set my feet.  May I never stray from the course you have appointed for me.  If I fall into the waters, rescue me with your forgiveness and mercy.  Please give me the faith to trust in you and your ways,  the strength to make it through each mountain range, and the knowledge of how you want me to use those paths I have travelled to your glory.  In Jesus' name I pray, Amen!

Written by Jan Andersen

No comments:

Post a Comment