HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/12/15

Serenity over Anger...Friday

November 13, 2015 

“God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, 
the courage to change the things I can, 
and the wisdom to know the difference.”

Reinhold Niebuhr

I used to live by this prayer.  For many years it was my go to as I stressed about anything at all.  Living life according to the serenity prayer makes my life work.  I have had so many things going on this year that have been tearing me up, including a situation going on currently.  I don’t think I have ever been as angry as I have been during the last couple of weeks.  Yesterday was a day of throwing things and crying.  Every time I think about this situation I am infuriated.  Well, today, I am just plain worn out, just done with it, I don’t want to be angry or fight anymore….even when the fighting is with myself….maybe especially if the fighting is with myself.  Since I can’t or won’t do physical damage to the person that I would really like to do this to, I am battling within myself.  Not a healthy thing to do.

I thank the Lord above as today He reminded me of the Serenity Prayer, and how it has saved me in the past oh so many times.  Yes, indeed today, I choose Serenity over Anger.  This life on earthy is never going to be a bed of roses, there is always going to be hurtful humans that hurt the people that I love.  The only answer to that is choosing love and serenity.  I can’t change anyone.  The only thing I have control over is myself and the power of the prayers that I give to the Lord.  He knows what is best and is ever so happy to take those hurts away from me and my loved one.  So Let Go, Let God, and live in the peaceful serenity of love.  Let Him handle the pains of this life.

Make a clean break with all cutting, 
backbiting, profane talk. 
Be gentle with one another, sensitive. 
Forgive one another as quickly and thoroughly 
as God in Christ forgave you.
Ephesians 4:31-32
 (MSG)

Act on What You Hear

 Post this at all the intersections, 
dear friends: 
Lead with your ears, 
follow up with your tongue, 
and let anger straggle 
along in the rear.
 God’s righteousness doesn’t grow 
from human anger. 
So throw all spoiled virtue 
and cancerous evil in the garbage. 
In simple humility, let our gardener, God, 
landscape you with the Word, 
making a salvation-garden of your life.


James 1:19-21
(MSG)

Written by
Kelly Dobyns

1 comment:

  1. Such great scripture to support your points Kelly. And the Serenity Prayer is a great example of a man's writing his inspired wisdom for us to follow.

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete