HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/9/15

Walking a Rough Road...Tuesday

11/10/15


Have you ever felt that at every turn you make to escape a challenging road the route seems to get harder? I have been travelling that map for a couple of weeks now. I have had so many worries, and I know the teachings about what I am supposed to do and what God will do. Still in the middle of a downward spiral you seem to forgot all the lessons you have learned and just let yourself fall. In the ancient days God helped the children of Israel when they remained mindful of all He did for them. When they forgot they were on their own.


I am listing just a few of my challenges of the last few days...not to whine but just as an illustration. We all go through these times even if the exact issues of the trial differ in each person. For me I was dealing with...
  • company for four days 
  • sharing our two cars with company and a son who needs it
  • a computer crash which required finding and purchasing a new one
  • and the piece de resistance which is that my daughter is disabled with fibro mialga and rheumatoid arthrites. Today they went to court to appear on their third application for disability insurance (the first two attempts were denied)
  • there was no final answer today as one doctor needs the files from their provider so some more waiting while they do not have enough money to live
Okay, you got the main parts of it. I stayed overnight and took my grandchildren to school, and then I stopped for coffee. Feeling like a rag, I decided to sit and sip and try to get a grip. I started thinking of "Trust in You" a song by Lauren Daigle that says even thoughts (with three needs not answered yet) that do not stop one from TRUST. You might benefit from getting this song off  YouTube and listen to it. I prayed to God to increase my trust and to teach me how to really hold on to trust no matter what.

I turned on KLove radio and asked God to send me something to process in the music there. God is always good and always faithful, and He sent me the perfect song. I believe that, because I prayed to Him to help me be who I wanted to be, He sent me this song by Casting Crowns. It is meant to minister to a person who feels that all is falling apart. Here are some of the lyrics of "Just Be Held."


Hold it all together

Everybody needs you strong

But life hits you out of nowhere

And barely leaves you holding on

And when youre tired of fighting

Chained by your control

Theres freedom in surrender

Lay it down and let it go

So when you're on your knees 
and answers seem so far away

You're not alone, 

stop holding on and just be held

Your world's not falling apart, 

its falling into place

I'm on the throne,

stop holding on and

          Just be held, just be held.


Lord, thank You for this badly needed message. We all face times like this, and to remember this before the downward spiral starts is to be the person you created us to be. May we all be ready to lay it down and just be held
Amen

Written by 
Corinne Mustafa

No comments:

Post a Comment