HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3/4/11

Change Our Heats

Saturday, March 5, 2011 Devotional
Recent events and headlines in the news are painting a grim picture of our nation’s great governmental system coming to an end. Over time, God and His Word have been removed from government and education (the very organization that was set up in order to teach God’s Word). So, what now? A wise man once said, “The philosophy of the classroom today is the philosophy of the government tomorrow.” Yes, here we are. It’s tomorrow, and it appears that the philosophy of a great portion of our leadership is that the law of this land (our Constitution) no longer rules.

It is not possible to control human behavior through the law alone. The law regulates outward behavior not attitudes or motives. The power of the Spirit of God is necessary to change the heart. Jesus made it clear that our righteous behavior makes no difference if our hearts are not right. If we hate, we’re guilty of murder. If we lust, we’re guilty of adultery. We may not like it, but it’s true.

As I ponder where we once were in this nation and where we are now, with the law of the land no longer ruling, but instead immoral opinions, minds and hearts, I see how desperately we need the lessons from the Sermon on the Mount. We need the message of the heart. Guard your thoughts. Marriage is sacred. Let your yes be yes and your no be no. Go the extra mile. Love your enemies.

Change our hearts, Lord. The law is still the law whether it’s the Constitution, the Ten Commandments, or both. You didn’t come to abolish the law but to fulfill it. We have no right to walk away, to forego our duties, to break our promises. Change our hearts so that we can go back to righteous living where people are expected to do the right thing. It is only possible by Your Spirit, by Your power, and by Your grace!

I’m disheartened by what I see in our leadership today, but I’m not surprised. I know, however, that there are godly people out there with a heart for righteousness. Though it seems as if they are a David against a Goliath, God uses the underdog all the time. I know that I can only work on my own heart. I can only teach my own children, but I can ask others to do the same. I can pray. We can all pray.

If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves,
pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity My face and turn from their wicked ways,
then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14

Ultimately God directs the hearts of the leaders, turning it where He wishes (Proverbs 21:1). Have certain recent events been allowed to occur in order for us to learn a lesson? I pray for leaders to rise up who have a fear of the Lord and a heart for righteousness. I pray for God to put these people into leadership, and to remove those with an ungodly character, who selfishly justify their actions as a means to an end. I know that it is not these ungodly people that I battle against, but a much stronger, darker force. Yet, I am not left defenseless, nor powerless against them. For the sake of my rights, my country, my children, I pray for God to intercede.
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood,
but against the rulers, against the authorities,
against the powers of this dark world
and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
Therefore put on the full armor of God,
so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground,
and after you have done everything, to stand.
Ephesians 6:12-13 (AMP)

Written by Amie Spruiell 3/1/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment