HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3/19/11

Show Me, Lord

Lord, show me how to mother a man.
I'm not even sure if I can.

I know how to mother a boy,
How to find him crying in the corner
After he's lost his toy,

How to pick him up and hold him tight,
Tickle him & tuck him into bed for the night.

But now there's no more playing and wrestling on the floor.
The books I used to read him are now just a bore.
And the only place I find him is behind a closed door.

Lord, show me how to mother a man.
I'm not even sure if I can.

I remember him climbing in my bed at night.
I remember teaching him to read and write.
He's older now, and though we don't usually fight,

I just can't get him to talk to me, not quite.
I don't long to have back his younger years.

I'm content with the memories
I hold so vivid and clear
Of a bond between mother and son that's irreplaceable, priceless, dear.

So, how do I now make that necessary connection,
If all he ever hears from me are words of correction?

He's not quite an adult, but he's practically a man,
One I'm not sure how to mother,
Please tell me how I can.

Show me how to nurture his masculine spirit.
I tell him that I love him, but I'm not sure if he hears it.

I ask what he thinks, how he feels, and he says, "I don't know".
I tell him that I'm proud. If he believes me, it doesn't show.

I  don't mind losing a boy, so long as I can
Gain a man I can still mother.
Does he know I'm his biggest fan?

So show me, Lord, how to mother a man.
Give me the courage and wisdom to know that I can.

Amie Spruiell
3/19/2011

1 comment:

  1. When we speak from the heart to our teenaged/young twenties sons, even if they don't show it, know that they hear it! Whether they "listen" to it or not is their choice. Keep talking to him in love from the heart, and praying about it, and you'll know you are doing the best parenting you can do at this point. It is so rewarding when they do get older and show by their words and actions that they really did hear!

    ReplyDelete