HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3/2/11

When Women Are Not As They Seem

DEVOTIONAL FOR 3/3/11

Music flows over the congregation as many voices blend together in worship. The music soaks into me and I let out a sigh as my shoulders relax. I am thanking God for all His blessings this past week and the good things to come.

I sit in the back and look out over the room at the heads of fellow worshippers. I feel good on this day - and my pleasant mood is reflected in everyone I see. If I feel good - everyone must feel good, right? I feel a check, a hesitation, in my heart.

Many times I have smiled and said, “I’m fine, thank you.” When the truth is I am hurting; but I keep the truth on the inside and paint ‘everything is fine’ on the outside.

So it stands to reason that if there are plenty of days when it takes everything in me just to show up in church, or answer the phone, or get out of bed; then I can’t begin to guess how anyone else is doing on any given day. This is stated clearly in

1 Samuel 16: 7b
“…for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance,
but the LORD looks at the heart." (NASB)

What does this mean for us as women? How can we use this as a reminder to be pleasing to God? Paul writes in a very clear way about how Christians should behave and treat others, including our enemies (see Matthew 5:44):

Ephesians 4:31-32
“Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” (NIV)



We may not know what it cost the woman near us to get there this morning. We may not ever know. But we can be gracious and kind to her with sincerity and gentleness. In that way, we will be pleasing God with the words we speak:




Proverbs 15:3-4
“The eyes of the LORD are everywhere,
keeping watch on the wicked and the good.
 The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life,
but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.” (NIV)

Some days are pleasant, and we should thank God for that because “Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above (James 1:17a NASB). I am asking God to help me to remember that I see only the outside. I do not know what it has cost a woman in emotional struggle, mental anguish or physical sacrifice just to show up in life. May He help me to carefully consider my words and use them to be kind.

Written by Mary Wilkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment