HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3/17/11

Power from the Holy Spirit

Devotional for 3/18/11

Here I sit with another blank page to fill in an attempt to spread the word of God on. Beverley, our Friday writer, is under the weather and her computer is in the puter hospital, so here I am.

I have been thinking a lot about the workings of the Holy Spirit in us. I have been doing a John Bevere study called Extraordinary, and I am learning things that I never knew before. In fact, I think that most people have not heard about or learned what I have been reading with great amazement.

Oh yes, we all know that we are Temples of the Holy Spirit, but most of us do not know (as Paul Harvey called it) "the rest of the story". That is all about the power that is included. The apostles waited for the arrival of the Holy Spirit on Penticost. Then chickens like Peter...who denied Jesus three times in the courtyard causing the cock to crow as Jesus had fortold...became bold. Were you surprised at that? Peter was probably surprised himself.

The interesting thing is that the power of the Holy Spirit was not only for Peter and the other disciples. It is also for us. We have been given those same powers as well...
  • Power to lead others to salvation knowledge
  • Power to declare healings
  • Power to perform miracles
  • Power to speak into the heavens with our requests and prayers
  • Power to expect that we will be given that what we pray for
  • Power to cast out demons
Why don't we see these miracles happening in our world at this time. I think that the main reason is that we do not even realize or understand what has been given to us.

John Bevere says that many became Christias after witnessing miracles such as the lame man walking. It is always easier for a person to believe in the sight of miracles. They are concrete and seen. We need miracles to reach the unsaved, and the Holy Spirit within us makes it possible to perform miracles. To fully understand all that the presence of the Holy Spirit within us makes possible it is necessary to study this lesser known phenomenom. I invite you to do so.

The whole concept is so exciting that I can hardly contain myself. I invite you to get the book of what John Bevere is teaching about what Jesus has given us by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. The book is called, Extraordinary, The Life You're Meant to Live, and is beyond


amazing and edifying. I did not set out to do a book report, but this is such awesome knowledge that I could not contain myself. The pity is that I think most of us have never even heard about the reality of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Here are some exciting scriptures to consider and study...

John 14:16-17
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you.

John 14:12-14
Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name,
and I will do it.


This last scripture is the most exciting of all. IN JESUS OWN WORDS HE SAYS THAT WE CAN EVEN DO GREATER THINGS THAN WHAT HE HAD BEEN DOING!!! Does this blow you away...it surely does blow me away. And there is nothing to stop us but ourselves, our lack of knowledge or our lack of self belief in who we are through Jesus.
 
Learn about what He offers and what powers you have for the Kingdom within you that He provides. Go to work for your King.


Written by Corinne Mustafa

No comments:

Post a Comment