HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3/1/12

Friday Devotional...3/2/12

I Hope You Dance
 
A heavy heart is carried by me today as we just lost a dear friend and relative this week. A scripture came to mind as I was contemplating on a devotional for this week.

James Chapter 4 verse 14
“Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow.
 For what is your life?
It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time,
 and then vanisheth away.”

Have you ever put on a small pot of water to boil …and walked away just for a few minutes only to come back to find that all the water had evaporated. That’s exactly what this scripture is saying to us…that “Life is Short” and what you do today and the decisions you make for tomorrow should be weighed. Do we awake in the morning with a thankful heart and thank God that we have one more day on this earth to reach out to those around us or far away to say that we love them, that we appreciate them.. Do we take for granite that tomorrow will always be there for us and therefore put off till tomorrow what we should do today. How about God…Do we tell him everyday “I Love You Lord” and thank him for his saving grace. Can we maybe laugh more or even a little louder, sing in the rain if that’s what you feel, hug that child or grandchild until you grit your teeth….These are just a few things that go through my mind. Lee Ann Womack sang a song that so appropriately says...

“I Hope You Dance”

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat
but always keep that hunger
May you never take one single
breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty-handed

I hope you still feel small
when you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes
 I hope one more opens
Promise me that you’ll give faith
a fighting chance
And when you get the choice
to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance

I hope you dance

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Living might mean taking chances but they’re worth taking
Lovin’ might be a mistake but it’s worth making
Don’t let some hell-bent heart leave you bitter
When you come close to selling out reconsider
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I hope you dance

Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder
Where the years have gone

By: Glenna Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment