HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3/8/12

Friday Devotional...3/8/12

Gotta Have Faith

There is a scripture in Romans that speaks of calling those things which be not as though they were. I believe that would be called “Blind Faith”. Why is it that sometimes we can perceive and believe without hesitation, speaking words of faith into existence (power of confession.) And yet there are probably more times than not…we try to muster up that tiny bit of mustard seed faith… to speak faith to what ever is troubling us or a desire of something that we hope for yet cannot see.


Oh we of human nature, close your eyes and dream.
Dream not of the impossible, but dream a dream of faith to believe for those things not seen as though they were.

You might remember a catchy little tune from a couple of years back by George Michael called “Faith”…the lyrics go:

‘Cause I gotta have faith
I gotta have faith
‘Cause I gotta have faith, faith,
‘Cause I gotta have faith-a-faith-a-faith
Baby
I know you’re asking me…..


So I throw this out to all you believers “Lord Help My Unbelief” ‘Cause we gotta have faith!



Help me Lord to believe what I cannot see …
Things that are hoped for, help my unbelief

You speak, you move, you quicken …
Most of the time through my unseen vision

Teach me not to be afraid of taking that leap of faith …
Open my eyes to your love, the faith to believe your grace

For the things that I see not, bid me to speak as though they were …
Sharpen my faith dear Lord, not to be obscure

Written by Glenna Williamson

1 comment: