HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7/20/12

Friday Devotional...How Shall Man Live?

Man Shall Not Live By Bread Alone

There is nothing that can satisfy the soul more than the word of God. I have heard testimony after testimony and also have experienced in my own life…. while searching for an answer to a problem or a need and finding all I needed to satisfy my hungry heart, aching soul or perplexed mind in the Bible (The Word of God).

I was watching this morning’s news hearing of the drought that the mid-west is experiencing this year in our own land of the USA. Our corn crops are devastated; the land is parched and cracked, ranchers having to sell their livestock because they cannot feed their cattle. It is a harsh picture to look at as it can very well overtake one with fear seeing these things come upon this earth even on our own nation’s soil by sweltering heat waves, electrical storms, drought and much more.

My mind went to a couple of scriptures:

“But he answered and said, It is written,
Man shall not live by bread alone,
but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.”
Matthew 4:4

“Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters,
and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea,
come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
Isaiah 55: 1-2

Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? And your labour for that which satisfieth not? Hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.”

Although the news is disconcerting and the scenario of reality is before us as we look through a glass dimly ….we can rest assured that if we who are called by his name will humble ourselves and pray and seek His face, then He will hear from heaven and He will forgive our sins and heal our land.

So it’s a matter of seeking the Lord in order to live not by bread alone….but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. He will then give us water for our thirsty souls. He will freely give us bread that cannot be bought and satisfy our hunger and calm our terror by night. All because we come to him and seek his presence, his guidance, his mercy and his goodness which leads us to repentance.

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
he leadeth me beside the still waters.
 He restoreth my soul:
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
 thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me
in the presence of mine enemies:
Thou anointest my head with oil;
my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
Psalm 23

Written by: Glenna Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment