HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7/26/12

Thursday Devotional...Stains Removed

The Jam Stain

I made more plum jam last night. In my hurry I used a smaller pan and higher heat than originally. The mess on my stovetop when the sugary concoction boiled over was unfortunate but inevitable. I had successfully made the first few batches by patiently following the recipe directions. In my effort to create a shortcut I created a huge mess this time.

As I watched the huge spill continue to bubble and bake until it was charcoal I thought that is what it probably looks like inside of me when I make an internal mess. The longer I wait to clean things up the stickier and harder to remove they become. I have discovered that just like the burnt jam which left a stain on my stovetop, when I clean up my own internal messes a stain remains. I must have help to be completely cleansed of my sins.

Hebrews 9:22
New Living Translation (NLT)

In fact, according to the law of Moses,
nearly everything was purified with blood.
For without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness.

Ephesians 1:7
(NLT)

He is so rich in kindness and grace
that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son
 and forgave our sins.

Dear Father, I know that you care for me, and watch me with loving tenderness as I strive to fix myself. Please do not leave me to myself, but search my heart to show me my true condition. Please cleanse me of all unrighteousness that I may be a loving example of how good you are to anyone who will believe and ask. In Jesus name, amen.

Written by Mary M. Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment