HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7/5/12

Thursday Devotional...:Have Faith...

...And Wait in Joy and Peace...IT WILL GEL!"

I did something very domestic today. I made plum jam. I had help with the chopping, measuring, stirring and so on. As each batch had to be boiled to a certain point, I kept time, adding minutes 2 and 3 at a time. The recipe suggested 10 minutes would be enough to change plums and sugar into jam. At 12 and 13 minutes I was happily testing every 2 minutes. At 20 minutes I was worried that I had failed and missed something. Surely it should be jam by now! At the 25 minute mark I finally saw a glimmer of the jelling. Then it was easy to wait because I had seen evidence of progress.

As a parent I have often waited impatiently for a child to show signs of maturing into their next season. When a 16 year old was more similar to a 12 year old (or even a 6 year old) I would begin to fret and be concerned that I had failed and missed something. I have learned the hard way that when God says not to worry He is telling me that the jelling point will come at just the right time.

Just like sugar and fruit will boil into jam, people will progress in God’s perfect time. Now when I catch myself worrying about the prospects of a child, or their decisions, I pray over them. I pray for God’s will and ask Him to help me let go of my ideas and trust that as He has led me through my own life, He will be there for my child on their own journey.

Philippians 4:4-6 (New Living Translation)

Always be full of joy in the Lord.
I say it again—rejoice! Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon.

Don’t worry about anything;
instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Dear Lord, thank you for gently drawing each one of us along Your path of Truth. Please give me the strength to allow each loved one in my life to reach their own jelling point. I choose to not depend upon my own wisdom and understanding but will strive to acknowledge You in everything in my life. In Jesus name, amen.

Written by Mary M. Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment