HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7/10/12

Wednesday Devotional...7/11/12...Humlity

"A Humble Heart"

What does it truly mean to have a humble heart? Is that something we can do by simply waking up one day and deciding we will be humble. I would like to say it is that easy, but frankly we cannot walk in humility in our own strength.

This past Sunday one of our pastors was sharing the importance of having a humble heart and the Holy Spirit touched me deeply at that moment. I knew God was calling me to walk at a greater level of humility. It became very clear to me that He was wooing me and desiring for me to have a greater understanding of how to walk that out. There is a strong stirring in my heart to seek the Lord deeper and ask Him to show me to walk humbly as He walks and as He has called each of us to do.

I am blessed by reading in
Psalm 10:17
"Lord, You have heard the desire of the humble;
You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear."


It is clear to me that as we surrender our all to the Lord and acknowledge all that He is, He will prepare our hearts. Not only will He prepare our hearts, but His ears are attentive to our cries. He is pleased when we are humble before Him. That is one of the Lord's strong attributes.

That is my prayer from here on out is to walk humbly before my Mighty God.

In His Great Love,
Sandy Billingham










No comments:

Post a Comment