HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7/3/12

Tuesday Devotional...God Has Plans for Us

I Will Bring You Back

 

10 For thus saith the LORD, That after seventy years be accomplished at Babylon I will visit you, and perform my good word toward you, in causing you to return to this place.11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
13 And ye shall seek me, and find me,
when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
14 And I will be found of you, saith the LORD:
and I will turn away your captivity,
and I will gather you  from all the nations,
 and from all the places whither I have driven you,
saith the LORD; and I will bring you again into the place
 whence I caused you to be carried away captive.

Jeremiah 29:10-14

God promises, "I'm going to bring you home. You will no longer be in exile. I will give you the promised land. I will give you My rest." We have been seeking "the rest of God"'the true Sabbath, in His Kingdom (Hebrews 4). He says He will give it to us because of His good plans in His heart for us. He wants these good things to be given to us.

So He urges us to continue on, to build our families and to strengthen the ties between, not only within the family, but with other families of His people. We are to overcome, grow, and produce fruit, so that we will have the heart that will seek Him in everything. And if we can, to grow in numbers. He wants us to be increased and not diminished, if possible. He also advises us to be at peace with other men, to have the peace around us in which we can grow in righteousness and holiness and transform into His image.

When we do those things, and God's time is right, He will bring us out of our exile. But not until then. He is the one, the Master Timekeeper, and when He says it is the right time, it will be the very best time for us to come out of exile. From wherever He has scattered us, He will bring us back and settle us, giving us true rest in His Kingdom.

submitted by : Annie


No comments:

Post a Comment