HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7/11/12

Thursday Devotional...7/12/12...Make God #1

What should I do?


I was feeling very disturbed. Thinking to myself how nice it would be to call my friend - that we would talk (well, I would talk and she would listen) and I would find comfort, feel better, be more at peace.

But I could not call her - it was not a time for calling nor was I free to call. Then I thought of my husband - but instantly I knew his own heart was burdened with the same concern and I did not want to burden him more by adding my own emotions, insecurities, doubts and fears. Even knowing we share the same pressure, I feel alone.

I caught my breath, choking on my pain, and then I remember. I can pray to the One who knows all, sees everything and cares intensely for me. Washing dishes like nothing was wrong - I cry out silently within myself - thanking God for always being there. I know that is what He desires - for us to depend on Him first and foremost - not because husbands and friends aren’t important - but because God wants to be most important - first place. No fear, no doubt, no trouble, no burden, nothing in the world is more powerful than the God in heaven who cares for you and me.


Philippians 4:6-7 (The New Living Translation)

Don’t worry about anything; instead,
 pray about everything.
Tell God what you need,
and thank him for all he has done.
Then you will experience
God’s peace, which exceeds
anything we can understand.
His peace will guard your hearts and minds
as you live in Christ Jesus.


Proverbs 3:5-12 (The Message)

Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
he's the one who will keep you on track.
Don't assume that you know it all.
Run to God! Run from evil!
Your body will glow with health,
your very bones will vibrate with life!
Honor God with everything you own;
give him the first and the best.
Your barns will burst,
your wine vats will brim over.
But don't, dear friend, resent God's discipline;
don't sulk under his loving correction.
It's the child he loves that GOD corrects;
a father's delight is behind all this.

Thank you, Lord, that Your mercy is new everything morning. I need the promise of a fresh start otherwise I would be overwhelmed and full of despair. Afraid of never overcoming my tendency to worry, fret, obsess, and fear. Thank You for lovingly and patiently taking me by the hand and leading me on the path of righteousness for Your name’s sake. Help me, Lord, unblock my ears that I may hear and recognize your voice. In Jesus name, amen.

Written by Mary M. Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment