HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6/15/14

Packing their Parachute....Monday

6/16/14

"How are you doing with all this?" my friend asks. By "all this" she meant the upcoming wedding of our oldest son. In less than a month he will marry his high school sweetheart.

I have very mixed emotions. Excitement for the happy couple, concern for the challenges that lay ahead, and a tender heart at the thought of his home no longer being with us, are just the tip of the iceberg.

My son, who is now a man, is no longer going to need me (in the ways I am used to being needed). I think of it like this.

"Son, are you ready?" I ask, ready to do something.

"Yes, mom, I'm ready."

"Is your parachute packed?"

"Yes, it's packed and ready to go." he answers patiently.

I offer, "Would you like me to double check it?"

"No, Mom, I'm okay."

I could have pressed him and made it about my comfort and my reassurance. After all, I had so much more life experience than he did. But by the grace of God I did what I had never done on my own. I let him go. I trusted him and I trusted God.

Now, 6 years later, and my youngest daughter has just graduated from high school. I am thinking about the parachute but this time I don't ask if I can help. I do remind her that I am here to help. I know the right thing, to let go and trust her and trust God. But my heart is full and my hands are itching to double check her
parachute.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.
Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom.
Instead, fear the Lord and turn away from evil.
Proverbs 3:5-7 NLT

Dear Lord,
Thank You for Your faithfulness throughout my life. That although I make many mistakes every day You watch over me and keep me. I know that if I can trust You for my own life, I can trust You for the lives of my loved ones. Thank You for Your patience and mercy that is new every morning. In Jesus name I pray, amen.

A beautiful song about counting every challenge or trial as "Blessings" by Laura Story:



Written by Mary M. Wilkins

2 comments:

  1. Letting go of someone whose very life, safety and success had needed you to play an important part can be difficult and even gut wrenching. It is good to see that in actually it is hard we can embrace it as the right thing to do and do it willingly in spite of the gut wrenching that goes along with it. This is because, in spite of the heart challenge as our relationship moves to this new level, there are new rewards to pocket.

    ReplyDelete