HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6/26/14

Staying Bright...Friday

June 27, 2014

I just opened my devotional Bible to a reading titled “We Are Light”, it tells of a story of a man caught in an elevator during a power outage in New York City.   At first there was panic and fear until he remembered that he had a small flashlight in his pocket.  The fear dissipated and they shared stories, jokes and even sang during the forty five minutes they were stuck there.

We need to remember that we are the light of God

 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord.
Live as children of light.
Ephesians 5:8 (NIV)




This reminds me that I must carry on my life sharing the light of the Lord always.  I get stuck in my darkness
with my thoughts of worry and stress forgetting to see the positive and shining light that I am living in.  The world is full of so many dark moments and issues going on that I need to carry my light as I know it, and truly believe it, to the many people that aren't aware of the great light of the Lord.  The torch that never stops burning.  Carry your torch with you through all storms…. and life will be so much brighter with love, hope and faith.

“The Rock”
And we thank Thee that the darkness
reminds us of light.
O Light Invisible, we give Thee Thanks
For Thy great glory!
T.S. Eliot

Written by
Kelly Dobyns






1 comment:

  1. Jesus left us the Great Comission to take His story to all the ends of the world. Our path in life is to become light and life to the to the people we meet. We may be the only example of Jesus that people we meet will ever see. Light your candle!

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete