HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6/17/14

“Speak Words Of Life"...Wednesday

6/18/14 
  
More and more every day I have became aware of the words that I am choosing to speak. I am weighing in my thoughts carefully whether the words I say will be life giving or will be death to the person I am speaking to. There are countless scriptures that talk about the importance of our words, but Psalm 141 seems to sum up the matter very well. It says 

"Set a guard over my mouth, 
O Lord; Keep watch over the door of my lips."
Psalm 141:3

Truly death and life are in the power of the tongue as it states in Proverbs 18:21, so we should never take the words that we speak lightly. If the Lord continually states in His word for us to declare life giving words, then I believe we ought to clearly do His bidding.
Even in the most difficult situations we may be facing, as we ask Him, our Heavenly Father can give us words of life to speak that come right from His heart.

If we are constantly feeding on God's word, then naturally His word will rise up our of us at that given moment that is needed. His life will perpetually be flowing within us and out of us!

Be intentional each day to see how many people you can touch with words of life that will literally change the course of their day in a most profound way that will point them onto Jesus!

In Christ's Life, 

Sandy Billingham


2 comments:

  1. This is so true. What we say can bless or kill. There is a verse in Ephesians 4:29 which also calls for us to "speak words of life"

    "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."

    God bless..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still remember words spoken to me as a troubled 13 year old that helped sustain me. Sometimes we never know how much impact we have had. Important to always speak in love.

    ReplyDelete