HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8/28/14

Acceptance...Friday

8/29/14 

Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, 
in order to bring praise to God.Romans 15:7
(NIV) 
I have an ongoing struggle with a person that I work for.  She is controlling, micro-managing, opinionated and judgmental.  This is a real battle for me, as working in such a small office I want to get along with everyone.  So every time I let my guard down with this person, she takes the opportunity to give me unsolicited advice on my life, the latest is that she wants to go through my closet and throw out all my frumpy clothes.  All I can say about this is that I am getting my affairs in order to be able to move on.  I am tired of feeling stuck in this job and being verbally abused by this person.  So please Lord, give me the hope and strength to see my talents and guide me where I need to go.  At the same time help me to forgive this person.  Help me to be more like Jesus. 
Jesus said, 
“Father, forgive them,
for they do not know what they are doing.”
Luke 23:34
(NIV)

This part is a real struggle for me, as I am very hurt by her continual comments. I truly want to lash out and
tell her how I feel about her personality and life choices and her body style.  But, I won’t and can’t do that.  Therefore, I have held onto those hurts, burying them deeply inside causing extreme pain to myself.  I have tried to deal with it on my own and of course that has been a temporary fix.  I am now getting the help for a permanent fix.  My amazing Father above is the only answer that there is.  I know He will heal me when I keep my focus on Him, not on the spoken words of hurtful humans.

 He sent out his word and healed them;
he rescued them from the grave.
 Psalm 107:20
(NIV)

God is our refuge and strength,
    an ever-present help in trouble.
Psalm 46:1
(NIV) 

 The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
    and his ears are attentive to their cry;
 but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil,
    to blot out their name from the earth.
The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them;
    he delivers them from all their troubles.
Psalm 34:15-17
(NIV)


The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; 
I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
John 10:10
 (NIV)

Written by
Kelly Dobyns


1 comment:

  1. We all have difficult people in the workplace that push us to the edge. God will help. Lean on him.

    ReplyDelete