HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8/21/14

God Said...Friday

8/22/14
                                                             For God has said,                                                                                                                          “I will never fail you.                                                                                                                    I will never abandon you.”                                                                   
                                                                 Hebrews 13:5                                                     New Living Translations
                                                                         (NLT)



I am clinging on to those words today.  It is all I can do to get me through each moment.  Even though I have lived with the ups and downs of depression for most of my life, the last few years have been the most challenging ever.  I am sure it is due to my sons being grown and so independent.  I don’t have that distraction to keep my busy.  I am forced to look at me…my life….the life that is what it is… and not what I had envisioned it to be.  I was not planning on being at the spot that I am right now, feeling so sad and dissatisfied  where I am.  The only thing that I can do is look up to my Father and put one foot in front of the other to get through each day.  I know He has a plan for me.
 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord.
“They are plans for good and not for disaster,
to give you a future and a hope.

Jeremiah 29:11
New Living Translation
 (NLT)

Through my tears and pain yesterday I had an amazing truth shown to be whilst I was at church.  I could not stop the real me from being seen, as soon as anyone asked how I was the tears just flew down my cheeks.  With that I had some many true Christian women loving on me.   My sisters in Christ that I make a conscious decision to shut myself off from when I am in so much pain.  I don’t want anyone to see me showing my true emotions with tears.  Well, I learned that was one of the plans that He has for me…..to reach out to these beautiful friends.  I also want to admit now that I have put so many walls up to protect myself because of my past hurts.  I have not allowed myself to get close to anyone…because that is going to hurt eventually.  Somehow, someway I will be hurt by them all.

So we can say with confidence,
“The Lord is my helper,
    so I will have no fear.
    What can mere people do to me?”

Hebrews 13:6
New Living Translation 
(NLT)

So my goal for today is to reach out to one of these beautiful ladies just to be in touch.  I believe that is just one little piece of God’s plan for me.  I can hide from everyone else, but, I can’t hide from God, no matter what I do.  He won’t give up on me.  He will give me faith, peace, hope and love along the way….as well as show me the sisters that I am safe with.  Life is gonna happen no matter what we do, especially when we are making plans, but, I want to live my life with the trueness of the Lord in it.  So that is what I will do, with my sisters along the way.


Faith Brings Joy

Therefore, since we have been made right
 in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God
because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us.
  
 Because of our faith, Christ has brought us
into this place of undeserved privilege
where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully
look forward to sharing God’s glory.
We can rejoice, too, when we run into
problems and trials, for we know that they help us
develop endurance. 
And endurance develops
strength of character, and character strengthens
our confident hope of salvation.

And this hope will not lead to disappointment.
For we know how dearly God loves us,
because he has given us the Holy Spirit
to fill our hearts with his love.


Romans 5:1-5
New Living Translation 
(NLT)

Written by
Kelly Dobyns




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your feelings Kelly. Your willingness to open up is so admirable. Expressing yourself brings healing. May God pour out His love, care, and blessings upon you.

    ReplyDelete