HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8/14/14

Overcoming...Friday

August 15, 2014




My heart is heavy this week with the news of a celebrity taking his life due to depression.



But you, God, shield me on all sides;
You ground my feet, you lift my head high;
With all my might I shout up to God,
His answers thunder from the holy mountain.

Psalm 3:3
The Message 



Being a sufferer of depression and anxiety myself, this is a topic that is close to my heart, and I have a passion to want to help all others that struggle along the same road.  My wish is that I could take all of them in my arms with the most loving and comforting embrace ever and make the all the pain go away for them.  My amazing God above has placed this in my heart.  As much as I have struggled and wished this part of my life to go away, I now know that He has made me this way in order for me to help and share with others the intimate details of my journey so that I may be able to help others.  Maybe in my travels I will come across someone that does not know about the love of God; perhaps I will even open up someone else’s world to the miracle of Jesus Christ.  This is why I will keep moving forward….keep filling my heart to overflowing with His love.

 And endurance builds character,
which gives us a hope that will never disappoint us.
All of this happens because God has given us the Holy Spirit,
who fills our hearts with his love.

Romans 5:4-5
Contemporary English Version

  
The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them;
    he delivers them from all their troubles.
Psalm 34:17
New International Version
 


Praise to the God of All Comfort
 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,
who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we
can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort
we ourselves receive from God.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4
New International Version 



Of course my hugs to fellow strugglers is not going to make their pain go away, however, it is going to show them that another human being cares and loves them with the love of Jesus Christ; which will NEVER leave us.  We are in His arms always!  We will get through everything when we are holding His hand.


So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
New International Version

Written by
Kelly Dobyns




1 comment:

  1. Depression is insidious and very dangerous. It is not just feeling sad about a circumstance...it is a feeling of agony and helplessness that the depressed person sees no escape from. It is coupled with feelings that the world would be a better place without them. We would do well to add the topic of depression to our prayer lists and to also pray that an effective treatments will be discovered to counteract the torment of depression.

    God bless

    ReplyDelete